The Princethorpe Foundation
The Princethorpe Foundation welcomes children of all denominations and provides co-educational, independent day schooling within the Catholic tradition from age two to eighteen years, through Little Crackers Nursery, Crackley Hall School and Princethorpe College.The aim of the Foundation is to create a caring Christian environment where pupils can develop to become well-educated, articulate young people, ready to take their place in society with a true sense of values and purpose.
The Princethorpe Foundation is a company limited by guarantee and a registered charity. The directors of the company are the Trustees, who have overall responsibility for the Foundation and are guardians of the Foundation's ethos.
The Board of Trustees is responsible for the overall management of the Foundation including setting the aims of the schools and working to improve standards, maintaining the Catholic ethos of the Foundation, deciding on the use of its budget, choosing senior staff, looking after the site and buildings, developing a framework of policies within which it functions, dealing with personnel issues and settling disputes.
The Company Registration number is 4177718 and the Charity Registration number is 1087124.
Day to day management of the Foundation is delegated to the following executives:
- Senior Head of the Foundation - Ed Hester
- Head of Crackley Hall School - Robert Duigan
- Head of Crescent School - Joe Thackway
- Foundation Bursar - Eddie Tolcher
These executives attend all Trustees' meetings and certain other sub-committee meetings.
Click here to visit the Charity Commission's website and view historic accounts information on the Foundation.
You can contact the Trustees via:
Mr Eddie Tolcher
Foundation Bursar, Company Secretary and Clerk to the Trustees
Telephone: 01926 634200
Facsimile: 01926 633365
Our Trustees:Chair of Trustees
Foundation Bursar, Company Secretary and Clerk to the Trustees - Eddie Tolcher BA, ACIB, MCMI TechIOSH *
- Foundation News: Liz Griffin To Take On Foundation Chair of Trustees RoleTrustee Liz Griffin has taken over the role of Foundation Chair of Trustees from Mary O'Farrell who stood down at the end of the summer, having completed her tenure as Chair.
- Foundation News: Crescent School Consults Public Over Additional Year 4 Or 5 Places For SeptemberThe Crescent School on Bawnmore Road, Bilton is undertaking a public consultation to gauge interest in additional places in Year 4 or 5 at the school for next academic year.
- Foundation Pupils’ First Cross-School Space Mission Saves Earth!The first day back after a half-term can sometimes be a struggle but this was not the case for our intrepid group of aspiring astronauts!
- Foundation Swimmers Scoop Seventeen Medals And New Record At National Olympic Park ChampionshipsThe Princethorpe Foundation Swimming Team triumphed once more at the Independent Schools’ Association’s (ISA) National Swimming Championships held at the London Aquatics Centre, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park.
- Foundation News: New Crescent School Head AppointedThe Princethorpe Foundation is delighted to announce the appointment of Joe Thackway as Crescent School Headmaster with effect from September 2017.
- Foundation News - Crescent School Head To Retire After 14 YearsCrescent School Headmaster, Huw Marshall has announced his intention to retire at the end of the current academic year. Mr Marshall has held the post of Headteacher at the Rugby independent school for 4 – 11 year olds since 2002.