At Crackley we believe that sport contributes to the overall education of our pupils by helping them to lead full and varied lives, developing their skills and understanding the importance of team work. Children are encouraged to enjoy sport and achieve to the best of their ability.
We are able to offer a great variety of sporting experiences supported by a dedicated team of specialist sport teachers, some of whom come over regularly from our senior school at Princethorpe to share their passion and enthusiasm with our pupils.
We are fortunate to have a good range of both outside and indoor facilities which we are looking to enhance considerably in the coming years. These include a fully equipped gymnasium, a netball court, a main field for rugby, football, rounders, cricket, athletics as well as a grass area next to the school.
As well as our own facilities we also use Princethorpe College, Warwick University and Abbey Fields Swimming Pool.
We have an extensive inter-school fixture list with matches against local maintained and independent schools which usually take place after school. We also participate in ISA and IAPS tournaments in a variety of sports.
Each year, our pupils give some truly exceptional sporting performances. Their achievements are testament to their hard work and determination which sees many teams across the ages and disciplines securing regional and national accolades. Many of these children go on to form the backbone of sporting teams in their first year at Princethorpe College.
In the most recent ISI Inspection in October 2017 the inspectors said "Pupils actively enjoy the wide range of sports available to them. Sporting ability at a high level is evident as the pupils move up the school, resulting in an excellent range of success in local, regional and national competitions. Pupils of all ages develop their physical fitness and skills for particular sports due to the high-quality teaching and coaching. A number of talented pupils have achieved sports scholarships to their senior schools."
Jan 21 Sun
- 10:00-18:00ISA National Swimming Championships
Jan 22 Mon
Jan 23 Tue
Jan 24 Wed
- 14:00-15:30U11A, U10 A & B Netball vs Kingsley (Away, 2pm start)Kingsley
- 14:45-16:30U11A, B, C, D Football vs Bablake (Away, 2.45pm start)Bablake
Jan 25 Thu
Jan 26 Fri
Jan 27 Sat
Jan 28 Sun
Jan 29 Mon
- 16:00-17:00U11 ixed Hockey vs Arnold Lodge (Home, 4pm start)
Jan 30 Tue
Jan 31 Wed
- 08:00-18:00ISA Midlands X-Country (Bedstone, Years 4, 5, 6)
- 14:45-16:30U11A & B Netball vs Bablake (Away, 2.45pm start)
Feb 01 Thu
- 14:30-16:30U9 A & B, U8A vs Bilton Grange (Away, 2.30pm start)
- 15:00-16:30U8 A, B, C, D Football vs Bablake (Home, 3pm start)Crackley Hall Playing Fields
Feb 02 Fri
Feb 03 Sat
Feb 04 Sun
Feb 05 Mon
Feb 06 Tue
- 15:40-17:00U8 A Netball (vs Bablake, away, 3.40pm start)Bablake
- 15:40-17:00U9 A & B Netball (vs Bablake, away, 3.40pm start)Bablake
Feb 07 Wed
- 14:30-17:00U11 A & B Boys Hockey vs Foremarke (Away, 2.30pm start)
Feb 08 Thu
- 06:00-20:00ISA National Boys Hockey Tournament (Lee Valley Stadium)
- 14:30-16:30U9 A, B, C Girls Hockey vs Crescent (Away, 2.30pm)
Feb 09 Fri
Feb 10 Sat
Feb 11 Sun
Feb 12 Mon
Feb 13 Tue
Feb 14 Wed
Feb 15 Thu
- 14:15-17:00U9 A & B Boys Hockey vs BG and Crescent (Away @ BG, 2.15pm start)Bilton Grange
Feb 16 Fri
Feb 17 Sat
Mr Duncan Cottrill
Deputy Head (Academic)
Mr Peter Harris
Miss C Jones
Mrs Kathryn Vaughan
Teacher - CH
For up to date information on sports fixtures and results please follow the link below:
- Crackley U11 Hockey Girls Qualify For the Cup And Finish Fifth Overall In ISA National CompetitionCrackley Hall’s U11 Girls’ Hockey Team travelled to the Lee Valley Hockey Centre at the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park on Thursday 23 November to take part in the ISA National U11 Junior Girls competition.
- Crackley Make a Splash at Regional ISA Swimming GalaA team of 34 swimmers from Crackley Hall School made the journey to Walsall Baths on Tuesday 21 November to compete in the Independent Schools’ Association’s Midlands Swimming Gala.
- Despite Goal Bonanza Crackley Hall Unlucky In U11 Midlands ISA Hockey TournamentOn Thursday 9 November Crackley Hall School travelled to Cannock Hockey Club to take part in the ISA U11 Mixed Hockey Tournament.