At Crackley we believe that sport contributes to the overall education of our pupils by helping them to lead full and varied lives, developing their skills and understanding the importance of team work. Children are encouraged to enjoy sport and achieve to the best of their ability.
We are able to offer a great variety of sporting experiences supported by a dedicated team of specialist sport teachers, some of whom come over regularly from our senior school at Princethorpe to share their passion and enthusiasm with our pupils.
We are fortunate to have a good range of both outside and indoor facilities which we are looking to enhance considerably in the coming years. These include a fully equipped gymnasium, a netball court, a main field for rugby, football, rounders, cricket, athletics as well as a grass area next to the school.
As well as our own facilities we also use Princethorpe College, Warwick University and Abbey Fields Swimming Pool.
We have an extensive inter-school fixture list with matches against local maintained and independent schools which usually take place after school. We also participate in ISA and IAPS tournaments in a variety of sports.
Each year, our pupils give some truly exceptional sporting performances. Their achievements are testament to their hard work and determination which sees many teams across the ages and disciplines securing regional and national accolades. Many of these children go on to form the backbone of sporting teams in their first year at Princethorpe College.
In the most recent ISI Inspection in October 2017 the inspectors said "Pupils actively enjoy the wide range of sports available to them. Sporting ability at a high level is evident as the pupils move up the school, resulting in an excellent range of success in local, regional and national competitions. Pupils of all ages develop their physical fitness and skills for particular sports due to the high-quality teaching and coaching. A number of talented pupils have achieved sports scholarships to their senior schools."
May 24 Thu
- 14:30-16:00U9A & B & U8A Rounders vs Crescent (Home, 2.30pm start)Crackley Hall Playing Fields
- 15:00-17:30U9/U8 A & B Cricket vs Grace Dieu (Away, 3pm start)Grace Dieu
May 25 Fri
May 26 Sat
May 27 Sun
May 28 Mon
May 29 Tue
May 30 Wed
May 31 Thu
Jun 01 Fri
Jun 02 Sat
Jun 03 Sun
Jun 04 Mon
Jun 05 Tue
- 15:45-17:15Year 1 & 2 Agility / Athletics Event (Crescent School, 3.45pm - 5.15pm)Crescent
- 15:45-17:15Yr2 Sports Event at Crescent
Jun 06 Wed
- 14:30-17:30U11A & U10A Cricket vs Grace Dieu (Away, 2.30pm start)Grace Dieu
- 14:30-17:30U11A, U10A, U11/10 mixed Rounders vs Bilton Grange (Home, 2.30pm start)Crackley Hall Playing Fields
Jun 07 Thu
Jun 08 Fri
Jun 09 Sat
Jun 10 Sun
Jun 11 Mon
- 08:30-17:00ISA Midlands Athletics (Alexander Stadium, J4, 5, 6)Alexander Stadium
Jun 12 Tue
- 09:00-14:30Sports Team PhotographCrackley Hall
- 16:00-18:00U9A & B Cricket vs Croft (away, 5 pairs, 4pm start)Croft School
Jun 13 Wed
- ISA Cricket Tournament at CHSCrackley HallRD involved all day
- ISA Triathlon - rearranged dateLucton School
Jun 14 Thu
- 14:15-17:00U8 A & B 7 a-side Cricket vs Warwick (Continuous Cricker round robin, home, 2.15pm start)Crackley Hall Playing Fields
- 15:00-18:00U9 Rounders Tournament at The Croft (Away, 3pm start)The Croft
Jun 15 Fri
Jun 16 Sat
Jun 17 Sun
Jun 18 Mon
- 15:00-18:00U11 Rounders Tournament (Away @ The Croft, 3pm start)The Croft
Jun 19 Tue
- 10:00-16:00ISA National Athletics FinalsAlexander Stadium
Jun 20 Wed
- 16:00-18:00U11A & U10A Cricket vs Balsall Common (Home, 4pm start)Crackley Hall Playing Fields
Mr Duncan Cottrill
Deputy Head (Academic)
Mr Peter Harris
Miss C Jones
Mrs Kathryn Vaughan
Teacher - CH
For up to date information on sports fixtures and results please follow the link below:
- Tennis Champs Reign Over Kenilworth's CourtsPupils Henry Fox and Aryan Meha, from J4H and J4J respectively, are living proof that dedicated practice coupled with skill and determination will take you far in life.
- Three Battle The Elements To Qualify For ISA Cross Country NationalsWednesday 31 January saw our Girls’ and Boys’ Under 10 and Under 12 Cross Country teams travel to Bedstone College, Shropshire to compete in the ISA Midlands Cross Country Championships.
- Foundation Swimmers Bring Home Medals And A New Record From ISA National Swimming ChampionshipsA team of nine swimmers represented the Princethorpe Foundation at the National Independent Schools Association’s Swimming Championships at the London Aquatics Centre, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park on Sunday 21 January 2018.